Tuesday 15 July 2014

1. Did you enjoy the workshop day? What were your best bits and why?

I thoroughly enjoyed the workshop day as it challenged me to act in a field that I have never experienced before, helping to make a stylised music video. As well as this, I found the experience to be a unique learning curve, enabling me to learn more about what it is like to be on a professional set.


One of my favourite parts of the workshop was helping out behind the scenes with make up and setting up the miscellaneous shots like the "GIRLS" shot and the pills. It made me realise that I have the potential to work behind the camera as well as in front of it, making me understand the importance of the different jobs the crew and how each one is vital for a successful shoot and a polished-looking final product. Although before I had understood that the crew was important, helping out gave me a new found respect for the skill and pressure of life on a professional set.

Being a drama student, I revelled in my opportunities to perform in front of the camera, in particular during the photoshoot part of the video in which I had to be a model. It was important to appear confident and I enjoyed trying different poses.


I also enjoyed watching the process of shooting a music video and cheering my classmates on whilst they were acting and shooting their parts. It was fun to try to help people replicate the actions and facial expressions used in the original video to try and get it as close as possible to the real thing.

One of the processes I wish I had been able to witness and help with is lighting the music video as I would have liked to have experienced a completely rounded picture of the processes involved in making a successful music video. However, I found the workshop day extremely valuable and fun and I am glad that I was able to be involved in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment