Wednesday 16 July 2014

My Characters

For the remake of the "Girls" music video from The 1975, I have been cast for a few different roles, which means that overall I am able to develop various skills, including my camera presence and lip syncing.

One of the characters which I will play is the Photoshoot Girl 1. Photoshoot Girl 1 is, in the original video, one of the main band girls during a photoshoot set up. She is the longest haired girl of the three and the characterisation requires a considerable amount of confidence and "sexy" poses and facial expressions such as pouting.


For this role, eye contact with the camera is vital in order to create the desired impression of an extremely cool and sexy female character.

This is an unusual change for me in terms of the roles in which I am usually cast. I am used to playing a more comical character who provides the light hearted element of a play or am the moody teenage girl. I think this role will challenge me to act in a different way and gain more experience in the acting world, particularly for film which I do not do often.

As well as this role, I also have to do a portion of the lip sync in which only my lips along with the lower part of my face are shown. This will again challenge me as I have never acted without words before, though I have acted in musicals so I have some prior experience of acting whilst singing. It will be an interesting challenge for me to try to match my lips to the song and I hope to learn a new skill.

No comments:

Post a Comment